Tuesday, September 23, 2008

So Many Things- Time Goes by so Fast!

SCHOOL


Well...I started teaching and I love it!


It definitely is not easy, but it is worth the money spent to get certified, the long and treacherous hours at my previous job, and the hours spent doing homework to get certified. It only took me ten years after college to figure out what I want to do with my life.


God is good! I am responsible for about 30 students and I teach 6- who could ask for a better schedule. I have two students from Iraq, one from Mexico, and three from El Salvador. I have two beginners (Non-English speakers). Every once in a while I get tired of acting out words and being a walking thesauraus, but for the most part it is enjoyable. They are 7th and 8th graders which makes it even more entertaining.


They are not the most motivated students (but neither was I)- so I have to start being a little more creative. Ideas?


HOUSE


We bought a house....YES we bought a house. This will be the first place that David and I have ever owned and I almost want to say it is going to be the last. We are very opposite when it comes to money, moving, and planning. We have always said that if we can make it through a move, we can make it through anything.


We have been planning on moving sometime in November or December, but the builder "pleasantly" (not for us) surprised us and said it will be ready in October. I think he was surprised that we were not happy about it. We had timed everything money wise and now October throws us way off...oh well- what can you do?


Here are a couple pictures..... It's amazing how quickly they can build things. We are the end unit on the left.

August 10th

August 18th



August 26th



September 10th



September 22nd



Drywall goes up tomorrow!

2 comments:

Campbell Family said...

So exciting! Congratulations on soon becoming home-owners!

Laura T said...

Congrats on the house! How exciting!

I don't have any advice on the teaching thing, but just want you to know you are not alone. I find myself acting things out in my everyday life now. Sometimes I get funny looks, but that comes with the job I guess :)