to Laura Marshall Tippett- the bumper- if you don't remember... ask me
to Adam Bush for making me pay for a new windshield
to some old lady in the Parks and Rec parking lot for putting a nice dent in it
to Katie, Kevin, and all my friends at Estes Park- It was a blast
to my husband for laughing at the wimpy horn
and last to my parents for purchasing such a fine automobile
The day is finally here
I must part with you my dear
We have come such a long ways
Staying near me all the days!
You were brand spanking new
When mom and dad needed you
To help with our newspaper route
So mighty and so stout
From highschool to college
From Parks and Rec to imparting knowledge
From the age of fifteen to thirty-two
Think of all the things we have been through!
We have traveled south to west and south to east
Texas, Colorado, and the place we like the least
Breaking down on the highway only one time
My faithful friend who committed no crime
Oh how you loved dead batteries and broken seat belts
cracked windshields, and Texas hail welts
Only three accidents and 1 speeding fine
Not bad for a little car of mine
You withstood many things in your days
Students marking your hood in odd ways
Men stealing tools out of your trunk
People calling you a "little piece of junk"
You were such a good little car
Gas was so cheap and we got so far
Even Walmart used a different key
To change your oil without a fee
Virginia is evil to deny you the road
So I must put an end to this abode
Goodbye my faithful green friend
May your wimpy horn live to the very end
2 comments:
Oh, so sad! I can't believe you have to say good-bye to the "I love Kenya" car.
Oh, and sorry for the delayed response, but I would love to come visit you. I have to come into some money first though! We have talked about it, so it could be our next big trip (maybe next summer?)
What a lovely tribute to a faithful car. :)
Post a Comment