Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Time Flies

I can officially say I am due next month...I have started to feel bony parts stick out of my stomach.

David and I find it humorous that people have to tell us things...here is what we have heard a million times (and I don't feel like I am exaggerating)...

Let's just say that there is a reason we waited until our 30's to have children (in case you don't know me...I am being sarcastic with the answers...ha)

1. "It will completely change your life" - Really...I thought it would be exactly the same! :)
2. "Enjoy sleep now because you won't get much when he is born." - Oh I thought babies slept 9-10 hours and never cried. Duh! :)

The adventures have begun...

On a side note- I like this article.

http://www.theleafchronicle.com/article/20091108/LIFESTYLE/911080315/Baby-travels-globe-before-1st-birthday

3 comments:

The Esquivel Family said...

Hang in there. I'm counting down, too, but I have more than a month left.

There is no great advice...just take it a day at a time and do everything your own way

Unknown said...

Being a parent is awesome. I'm not sure why so many people are negative. It was the same before getting married. So many people talked about how difficult it would be and so few talked about the joys.
Sure there are difficulties, but the joy outweighs them all. You guys are going to be awesome parents!
Dougle

Anonymous said...

Rob always says the same thing as Dougle -- everyone "warns" you about marriage and children, as if they aren't both blessings from God. But, they are both great and really add so much to life. And, just to counteract some of the sleep claims, I slept longer each night after my oldest son was born than I ever had in my life. After he started sleeping through the night at 9 weeks, he never interrupted my sleep. Now, with my second, it was a bit different -- he still wakes up in the night, and he just turned 2s. But, it seems like a very small sacrifice to get to have such a cool little kid.