Why don't they have children doctor offices open until midnight. Those people would make so much money.
Long story short....we think Hunter has Acid Reflux, but we are still trying to figure it out. About 4 days ago he started throwing up. The difference between throwing up and spitting up is about 2-5 minutes after feeding he would spit it all up.
I called the Dr. on Tuesday and of course by the time I was done telling them all the symptoms, they said to go to the emergency room (Dr. was closed). 5 hours, 2 blood tests, a husband that didn't feel good, and no dinner later- they said he had a small viral infection, but there was nothing to do for him (b/c he was an infant).
From now on if I think Hunter might be getting sick, I am calling the Dr. during office hours.
We went to the Dr. today and he is so congested...I described everything that had been going on and the Dr. said it sounded like Reflux. Main thing is that we have to keep him elevated at all times. He is also on medicine. We will know in about 48hours if that is it.
I am beginning to feel the pain as a parent and I don't like it. :)
3 comments:
Well I hope all is resolved soon with the medicine....it sounded like reflux to me earlier when you were describing him.
Just use that Momma instinct...on emergency visits...I tend to wait things out but when they are infants things can become more serious quickly.
What a cute picture! Needs a grandma kiss on that cheek!
Hope Hunter is doing better now. Hang in there!
Post a Comment