My best and life long friend came by to visit. I have known Laura for around 30 years. I don't remember a time in my life when I didn't know her. I think if we had known each other in different circumstances we would have never been friends, but we share a special bond and I thank God everyday for that. Some very fond memories...
1. Making gingerbread cookies at her house.
2. Playing the piano or listening to her play the piano
3. Watching the falling stars while playing with the Mr. Math game
4. Sneaking into her room at night b/c I was scared of the dark (I am sure her mom knew about it)
5. Teaching me how to tie my shoes
6. Teaching her to be a tomboy :)
7. Her wedding
8. Her coming to visit me at ACU and her parents being so against her possibly going to ACU - ha!
What I really appreciate about Laura is that we never seem to get much time together. I think in the last 15 years we may have spent a total of less than 5 days together, but every time we get together we pick up right where we left off. I treasure our friendship and I thank God for people like her.
Hunter is doing great...He is really trying hard to be a walker. I guess he can be considered a walker (he walks short distances), but still prefers to crawl.
He is really into books and if you tell him to go get a book, he will go over to his book corner and bring one out for you. He is also really good at pushing buttons- he has called my brother several times, he can turn the TV on and off and the VCR/DVR players as well. We don't watch much TV around him b/c he is always turning it on and off. :) He has learned to give things to you if he needs it to work (for example if he closes my phone, he hands it to me to open it again). He really has a cute personality.
He is also really good at sharing as long as you share back. If you don't- he doesn't understand. It is kind of funny to watch.
He loves to eat- his favorite food is bananas, pears, and blueberries. He also likes Eggo waffles, Oatmeal, and beans. He tried apple juice for the first time last week and that was a big hit as well.
2 comments:
Thanks for the shout-out! I, too, am so thankful for your friendship. In a life that is always constantly changing, it is nice to have a few constants. I love that you are one of mine!
Hey Michelle. Hunter is a cutie! As far as naps, I can't remember when Kate went to 1 nap but I think it was around 15 or 16 months. We still eat lunch around 11:30 so she can nap by 1 if she wants. (but she shares a room with big brother so she usually stays up now until around 2). I don't think I'm much help but I'd do what works. Eat lunch for him at 11am then nap if it will work. My kids also go to bed by 7:30 so early naps are okay.
Post a Comment