Sunday, February 24, 2008

Why Do I Insist on Hurting My BRAIN!!!

For someone who hates school as much as I did as a child and struggled as much as I did, why do I keep going back? I did my Elementary, Middle, and High School days and I did my college days- why do I need to do more?

I ask myself that ALL the time- yet it seems that society will not let you do things without education.

This is my second attempt to get a teacher certification and I hope I finish it and that it will be my last because it is EXHAUSTING!!! My brain hurts and I don't want to think, analyze, and discuss anymore.

For those of you who knew what you wanted to do from childhood and actually got a degree in it and your currenty doing what you always wanted to do- I applaud you!

For those of you who didn't know what they wanted to do and got some random degree and still really have no clue what is in store for you- I UNDERSTAND and.....I feel sorry for you! Ha!

It is days like this that I really hope this is what God wants me to do and not what I think I want to do. I am sure putting myself through a lot of stress and if He decides to let me know one way or the other, then in a couple years..... I might be putting myself through all of this again. So take my advice and REALLY REALLY listen to God!

Knowing God's humor.....
I will put myself through this torture and gain more knowledge about linguistics, morphemes, semantics, lexicons, phonology, assimilation, multiple intelligences, ELL, VGLA, SOL, ESL, SLA, DOE, CALP, BICS, WIDA, NNS, USA, TX, VA and get a certification, then.......

I will end up having triplets and need to stay home and not work. Or I will realize that this isn't what I am supposed to do and have to go to school for something else!

Bottom Line- If you love learning and being in school, you have no idea what I am talking about- so I just wasted your time.

- If you don't understand why having a piece a paper that says you are qualified (I am not talking about all professions- if you are a doctor- you better have one!) to teach or to do other things and going back to school is like hitting your head against a wall several times- then realize that you are doomed and you might as well face the fact that your brain will always hurt!

2 comments:

Shelley said...

Good Luck to you as you "hurt your brain!" I think maybe we all feel like that sometimes in life. I wonder why I even spent the big bucks to go to ACU and then go back to ACU for graduate school... b/c now i stay home with my three beautiful girls. Who knows... I dont even know that I want to use my education when the girls are all grown... WOW... LIFE!

Campbell Family said...

Michelle, This is so funny to me because Rusty and I have been having conversations along exactly these same lines. I know he understands how you feel because school and studying have always been a huge challenge for him. He is busy studying for his midterms this week and tests always make him so stressed out. All I can say is, thank God it will soon be over. After this semester, he has one class left to go! Laura