Someone once said- think back to when you were a child, what did you love to do? That is your true passion...so here goes!
When I was a child I loved people. I loved being unique (a Christian) and I loved nature and traveling. I remember the moments where I felt closest to God-
1. Rocky Moutains, Colorado- Sitting on the edge of a cliff and looking at the landscape.
2. 8th grade when I spent a week with the Masaai in Masaai Mara
3. Leakey, Texas where the HEB camp is
4. walking the streets of Jerusalem, seeing the fallen walls of Jericho
5. Scuba Diving with my dad in the Red Sea
6. Watching the waves crash against the sand at any Ocean.
7. Climbing Mt. Kenya
8. When my Grandma died
9. My baptism in a Lake in Kenya
10. When I got a job that I knew I didn't get without God
11. When I passed a test that I knew I couldn't have passed
Most of these items are in nature, when I was young and I realize that I have not seen nature in a long time. I need to go back and find God again. I need to find those God moments again.
People - I love helping people- but sadly my lastest job has made me feel very negative about people. I was able to see how selfish, not caring, and down right mean people can be. It makes me sad because I don't like being around people anymore. I need to get back to helping people- That's what I am here for.
Last, but not least my passion for traveling- Sometimes I keep thinking God has this plan for me and it involves traveling all over the world and helping people- but somehow I have strayed away from that. Why would I have a passion for something and not do it?
I am never jealous of rich and famous people, but I often wonder if I had a lot of money- would I travel? Would I go out and help people? I would like to think so....
Have I followed my passion lately? No
Dear God,
I am so lost without you- where has my zest for Christianity and people gone? Why do I not travel anymore? If getting old is like this- I don't want to grow up. Please guide me back to my passion for you and for your people. Help me to see you in the smallest of things.
2 comments:
This is beautiful -- thanks for sharing. I'm glad to see Mt. Kenya made it on the list. That has always made my list of most glorious, God-filled moments! I love you, my friend! -- Laura
Thanks so much for sharing your list. I have had some of the same thoughts lately... what am I passionate about? It is hard for me at this moment in my life to focus on me and my passions and wants and desires because I have been blessed with three beautiful lives to care for right now. But later, what will I choose to do...thanks for getting us thinking.
Post a Comment