Well my title is no longer "Leisure Program Supervisor", but I feel more like the title now more than ever. I officially quit my job at Parks and Recreation. I should have done it a long time ago, but living in Virginia is not exactly the cheapest place to live.
Now it has only been one week, but I was afraid I would get bored- Ha! Never....In fact I can't wait for another week to actually work on some things.
Here is a list of what I have been doing...
1. Catching up on my exercise- Many of my students I taught it PE would be very disappointed in me now- But I have made a pact with myself to get back in shape by the Summer (yes that is how bad it has gotten- it is going to take me a few months)
Here I come "Slim in 6", "Abs of Steel", "P90", and "Turbo Jam" (for those of you who don't know these are exercise videos).
I'm not sure full court b-ball is in my future again (I miss those nights at Brentwood Christian), but maybe a Triathlon? Nah- I think I will be content just being able to be fit again. I think my dad has me going on some big camping/hiking trip next summer, so that will be my goal.
2. Reading my Bible- I will admit that when life gets busy, the one thing that you should never slow down on is prayer and bible reading and I am guilty of that. So I am trying to get back on track.
3. Being a good wife
4. Picking up projects- I have already started back on crosstiching, but I plan to do the following... Painting (no I am not good, but I love doing it), growing my own lettuce garden (saw it on TV- looks fun), fixing up our condo (yes it is a rental- but it needs my touch). Going to Parks, teaching swimming lessons, taking my cats for a walk (ok- maybe not exactly, but both my cats do go on a leash- but we don't go for a walk)
5. Homework- I have one month left in my "Career Switchers" program. I love what I am learning, but it is exhausting. I just have to find a job now and apparently I am terrible at interviewing. I didn't think I ever was, but this is also the first time I really want a job in what I am certified in. ESL (English as a Second Language) is so fascinating and I really hope that I can get a job. If not- maybe get pregnant instead? Ha- David would not be happy! :)
6. Enjoying Virginia- David and I have not gotten to enjoy Virginia much since we have been here so we are going to start going on little day trips every so often. This past weekend we went to Richmond. We went to the Botanical Gardens- Not bad, but not everything was blooming yet. Here are some pictures....



4 comments:
Someone once told me that most TCK's are terrible at job interviews -- because we are too modest! Don't be afraid to toot your horn. I'll be praying you land a great job that you can really enjoy and feel fulfilled in. -- Laura
Maybe you should consider a job in photography if ESL doesn't work out! Those pictures are beautiful. Missing you...loving you...Em
Love the photos. I have always heard that Virginia is beautiful. Enjoy your time off and good luck on landing the PERFECT job :)
Enjoy the leisure while it lasts...it's a precious time! Your list and mine look so much alike. Best of luck with it all. CALL ME!!!!
Post a Comment