Wednesday, June 4, 2008

God is wonderful- Answered Prayers!

Do you ever sit back and think about how stupid you are for not having complete faith in God?

I do.....every time I have an answered prayer :).

Deep down inside I know God will always take care of me, but for some reason I feel that he needs my help.

I am blessed because I can say that I have had every prayer answered. It may not have been what I was expecting, but I definitely saw the answer.... here are a couple of my obviously answered prayers lately...

1. Prayer:
Our Church takes a group to Romania once or twice a year. For those of you who know me, know how much I love traveling and learning new cultures. It is even better when it is mission related. I knew I wanted to go, but I knew it would not be very smart to spend money when I am not working. So I had put it in my mind that I will go next summer or some other time.

1. Answer:
A couple weeks ago one of my friends said that one of the ladies had to drop out and she wanted to know if I would like to take her place. The lady was going to donate her ticket!
At first I said no because I had no job and I needed to concentrate on that. But for someone like me to be offered a ticket to go somewhere is like offering candy to a child and the child saying no- It just doesn't happen! So long story short- I am going to Romania!

2. Prayer:
I quit my other job in April. I just finished my certification in ESL. Now I need a job. Not to be conceded, but I have never interviewed and not gotten the job. I knew there was a first for everything, but I was not prepared for what was to come. I was told that ESL was a critical need area, but somehow I was not good enough. To this day I have had five interviews. Interview one and two were completely embarrassing. A lot of people forget my name and face and I hope that these people do. David said that it couldn't have been that bad, but I kept imagining my dad being one of the people interviewing me and he would not have even thought twice about me. My confidence was lacking and I had forgotten to give it to God.

2. Answer:
I have the best parents in the world!! My mom is an ESL teacher and my dad is a Principal. Together we came up with as many questions that one might ask in an interview and I memorized them all!

I had been trying to get an interview with the ESL coordinator and I just was not having any luck. Long story short....I observed one ESL teacher who liked me and she called the ESL coordinator and told her that I needed an interview. The ESL coordinator called me, interviewed me and said she should have interviewed me earlier. There is only one position left and it is High Schoo.

I had the interview with the High School. They said I was really strong in one area, but in another. They still have not said no, but I knew I didn't really want High School. I felt pretty deflated and I was convinced that I was not going to get a job anytime soon.

My ideal job would be at a Junior High School close to home. All the positions were taken in my area, so I was sad. So I prayed to God and asked him to help me relax and not be so impatient. Technically I did not have to have a job until August, but I like to plan and not stress out.

I got a call from a principal last week, she wanted me to interview that day- so I put on my suit and went. It was the strangest interview....she spent more time telling me about the school than asking me questions.

God must have been sitting up there laughing and having a good time watching me and my thoughts. I went from being nervous, to realizing that she was offering me the job!

Here is what is the best part- It is a Junior High THREE miles from home! I remember sitting in my car half crying half laughing at my lack of faith in God. Not only did he get me a job, but he gave me EXACTLY what I was looking for.

So for those of you who think God does not listen and answer prayers- COME TALK TO ME!!!

6 comments:

Janet @ Simply Pieced said...

That's awesome. God is awesome! I'm so proud of you, Michelle.

Unknown said...

Woohoo! I am so happy for you! He loves to teach us patience does He? hehe Can't wait to go visit and celebrate. :)

Shelley said...

Our God is an Awesome God! Thanks so much for sharing your story of answered prayer. It has been a blessing to me!!

THE RIVERA FAMILY said...

I know how you feel. Sometimes we just don't give it up. I am happy for you.

fzumwalt said...

Hehe. Well, you are awesome, too, and that counts for something.

Campbell Family said...

Praise God x 2! Thanks for sharing your stories -- and wow, how neat to be able to go to Romania. I look forward to seeing some pictures and hearing all about it when you return. Love, Laura