Our sweet boy has made it into the world! Hunter Reed Simpson born January 15, 2010 at 12:43am. Weighing 6lbs, 10oz and 19 inches long.
All labor is traumatic, but at this point as much as my soft bundle, beautiful baby is...I would not want to do that again. For all those women that have multiple kids...I congratulate you! For those of you who gave birth without medication- I applaud you!! Adoption may be in our future! :)
I went to work Thursday morning. I went from no contractions, to contractions 5 minutes apart. By 1:00 I was positive I was in labor. Long story short I went from barely 1cm dilated to 7cm. The nurse was sure I was going to have the baby before midnight.
I took the epidural as quick as I could. The pain was something beyond horrible!! By midnight the baby was still not born and they decided to vacuum him out! I did not want that done, but he was getting tired and and his heart rate was dropping between contractions.
He also took a swallow of stuff right before he came out. They thought that he would have to be in NICU, but this is definitely my boy...He slid by NICU, they thought he had a fracture on his skull, but the xrays said everything was good, he is sliding by things when they could be a lot worse. Thank you God!!!
He didn't eat for 24hours and because he was vacuumed out, jaundice set in. Luckily they let us come home, but he has this light that has to be next to him at all times. We call him our "glow worm". IT has been stressful because breastfeeding has not been easy, but the nurses were really upset that he had not fed yet- it put a lot of pressure on me. He still does not have the breastfeeding down, but he will get the hang of it.
David has been awesome, but I think the lack of sleep is affecting him more than me :). It has also been wonderful because my parents got here Friday afternoon. This morning my mom woke up at 5:30 to hold him while I got in my one good 1 1/2 of sleep. Now of course he has been sound asleep for 2 hours and I am wide awake when I should be sleeping too!! :)
Here are a couple pictures!
10 comments:
Awesome. He looks just like..er..um..a perfect little baby boy! Yippee for him - and mom and dad.
HOORAY!!!! He is so precious, I wish I could be there to meet him! Loving the pictures though, hopefully many more will come in the future! Sorry to hear labor was traumatic :( I would definitely appreciate any tips and advice you can give me though if/when you find the time! God is good, I'm so glad he made everything work out for you! It's great your parents are there to help out! Good luck with nursing and learning all the ins and outs of being a new parent! You guys continue to be in my prayers! :) Miss y'all!!
He looks perfect! We will pray that it all gets easier quickly. Try to enjoy that precious baby!
He is amazing! We are so happy for you all! Enjoy the journey and be blessed.
P.S. Not to worry the nursing part will come.
Congratulations! Nursing started off difficult for me, too. But it gets easier. Enjoy your precious baby boy because they grow so quickly!
May God use Hunter for HIS glory. Thank you for the pictures. I have been checking the blog ever since the news was spread around Brentwood. We are so excited for you all. Congratulations! I bet you have never been excited about sleeping 1 1/2 hours in a row before! The breastfeeding will come. Hang in there! Now, quit reading this and go to sleep! :)
He is beautiful, my dear friend. So glad he is here and healthy! And you will be amazed at how quickly your body will heal from the labor trauma (although it will never be quite the same as your pre-preggo bod). I will pray that the nursing will get easier. The most helpful advice I got as a first time breastfeeding mom came from my midwife in Japan. She told me to not let myself give up on breastfeeding until I had done it for 6 weeks. Usually, by the time the 6 weeks are up, the majority of breastfeeding issues are resolved and both mom and baby have settled into quite a comfortable relationship. She was right -- those first weeks were much harder than I could have imagined, but I stuck it out, and by the time Alex was 6 weeks old, everything was great. Oh, and if you don't have it yet, you need some Lansinoh cream (send your mom to Walmart for it) -- it really helps with the pain, cracking, bleeding, etc. in those early weeks before you toughen up. I used it after every feeding in the beginning!
Blessings on you and your new family. You're going to be such a great mom!
We are so glad you and the baby are doing ok. Labor is tramatic, but it's worth it in the end. As the others have said, breast feeding will get easier. I can't wait to meet little Hunter! Hopefully, Jason, Natalie and I will be coming through there in June or July. Congrats!!!
Congrats! I finally got your little something for Hunter in the mail today! I forgot to put a card in with it, but it has our return address on it! We are so happy for you. I think God gives moms an extra measure of energy for a few months until the little dudes learn how to sleep better. I used to teach Dougle children's songs in the middle of the night while I fed Canaan, so he could help me stay awake. Always afraid of smothering the little one! And parents are wonderful, holding the baby so we can sleep! Hope the nursing gets better soon.
Sounds like a bit of a traumatic birth! If you adopt, come to Ukraine so you can stay with us thru the process!! :)
Lucy and Dougle
He is adorable! I hope things get easier... You will soon forget! I promise!! Abbey's was a horrible delivery (ended in C-section) and I had two more :) Take Care and my advice is rest when baby is resting!!!
Post a Comment