Friday, August 27, 2010

I wonder

It's amazing (may not be the right word) how much money rules our lives. Right now I am about to receive my last pay check until I decide to work again. I strongly believe in staying home with my son, but I have had a few sleepless nights wondering if this is the right thing.

David and I, for the 1st time since we have left our families, are finally stable financially, but then I go and quit my job to be a stay at home mom. Am I being selfish wanting to stay home with him? Is it the right thing to do? I guess we will see...

I grew up in a family that was always money conscious and I gained that. This is the 1st time since I was 14 years old that I will not be bringing money in. In many ways I feel irresponsible. Then I think "what is best for our son?"

Everyone has a different opinion on this....that's why it is so hard. I have prayed on a constant basis about this and I hope that I am listening to God in the right way and not just listening to my selfish ways.

On another note- I have always wanted to adopt and my mom was the one that convinced me to have one of my own (which is the best advice she has given me) As I am typing this Hunter is playing with his pacifier and laughing. He is the cutest thing.

I wish money was not the issue, but I have heard that it can cost anywhere between $10,000 and $20,000 to adopt. With all bills and from start to finish, Hunter's birth cost us maybe $500 at the most. Don't tell me that money isn't an issue now :).

I would love to bring a child into a loving family that may not get the chance, but now that I am staying home- there seems to be little hope in adopting. People do it all the time and I wonder how they can afford it. Is it worth putting your family in more debt? Or is it better to just have one of your own?

It is a crazy world we live in.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am sure God will bless your decision! Hunter is blessed to have such a loving mom who would "sacrifice" career and money for him.
On another note, we are hoping to be able to see you guys sometime in mid-December. Will you guys be home then?
Dougle

Mary Helen Bush said...

Remember, the Lord watches over you. Enjoy the time you have with Hunter. It goes by really fast!

"Why worry about what you will eat or wear....or how you will pay bills. The birds and the flowers don't worry and your heavenly father loves you more!"

Enjoy your baby, relax and sleep, live simply, be a light to the world.