Thursday, September 16, 2010

Happy 8 Months and some other news




Yesterday Hunter turned 8 months. In many ways time has just flown by, but I can still remember the pain and craziness of the pregnancy and birth like it was yesterday. Hunter is starting to be really fun to be around now and he is on a schedule (which makes his mom really happy).

Now I just have to figure out how to make the most of my day staying at home. It is very hard to be motivated to do things that are productive. It is difficult for me to be just "Hunter's mom". God gave me the gift of staying home and I need to take advantage of doing that. When I was younger there were so many "hobbies or projects" that I wanted to get into but never had the time. Now that I have a little more time...I am just not motivated. I feel like someone just needs to kick me into the right gear.


Hunter milestones:


1. He growls....it's actually quite entertaining.


2. He wants to stand all the time. He can't do it himself, but once you put him up against something, he will stand there for a while.


3. He doesn't nurse anymore, well let me take that back. If he wakes up in the middle of the night, he will nurse, but all other times- he is too busy. He is slowly getting on formula. He would actually rather eat any day anyway....I think he will enjoy turning 1.


4. He knows his routine- we hardly ever get a peep out of him when he goes to bed. Nap times are still a little difficult, but not too bad.


5. Still not crawling or even getting up on his knees- he actually gets very frustrated, but he walks when you help him. I think he will skip crawling.


Overall he is a very easy baby. He is actually a happy baby too. It is nice.


Different news:

David applied for a different job in the lab and he got it! He will be starting his new job in October. He is no longer the "fingerprint guy". He is now the "puzzle guy" (cryptanalysis). He is really excited about this lateral move. There is also potential for him to make more money as well. This also means that we are staying in Stafford for a while. It has some good things and negative things about it, but it will all work out.

3 comments:

Bethany said...

As far as getting motivated, I TOTALLY get this. I have a horrible time doing that. I have had to sit down and make myself a very detailed schedule for cleaning, even. It's not one of my fortes, but knowing I'm home, it must get done. I just made a daily & weekly schedule and it has really helped keep me on track. I still have some very unmotivated days, but at least I know what I missed each day and what HAS to get done or what can wait. I'm not really at the stage where I'm able to get much else done in the day as far as hobbies go...but I do recommend making to do lists each day and rewarding yourself for getting those things done (or just motivation by thinking how good you'll feel when it's done!)! Plus, if I'm in one of "those" moods to do nothing, I just try to get one SMALL thing done...sometimes it kicks me into gear enough to keep going :) I'm sure that's all stuff you've heard before, but those are truly the ways I remind myself what must get done and what the reward is for me when I do :)

Bethany said...

Oh my goodness I'm such a jerk-and CONGRATULATIONS to David!! That is awesome!! Maybe you'll be able to stay at home longer?? Or not have to work full time?? That would be sweet. And so long as you're still in Stafford, you're still not *too* far away at least :) Glad to hear about the move, pass along my congrats!

Unknown said...

Congrats David! This sounds like something that you would be good at.