Family visit-
My brother, Josh and his family, have been here since July 5th. They will be flying to Columbia (the country) on Monday the 25th. It has been great having them here, but 5 extra people in our townhouse has been a little challenging. We have done some fun things like swimming and then the three girls (me, my sister-in-law Comfrey, and my niece Aliyah) ran this past weekend in a 5k mud run. That was pretty fun. Hunter has enjoyed having his cousins around as well.
Couple lessons from the mud run-1. Wear spandex- I am not a fan of spandex anywhere, but when there is probably another 2 or 3 pounds of mud attached to your shorts- spandex would be your friend.
2. When you rinse off- beware! There were 5,500 people in this race all trying to rinse off...wasn't easy (wear something you don't mind taking off in public or learn how to rinse mud that sticks to you when 100s of other people are waiting for your hose).
3. Wear armor- well I am kidding in this one, but my knees are all busted up and I have 2 huge bruises on me.
Date Night-
David and I got to go to Richmond a couple weeks ago for our first night out together without Hunter since Hunter was born. We were going to do all these cool things, but when you are on a budget and you are going to have guests for the next 3 weeks- it is hard to spend a lot of money. WE had a blast though and it was fun to just be the 2 of us again.
Hunter Turns 18 Months:
Hunter went to his 18 month check-up yesterday. I can't believe our little one is a year and a half now.
The only thing we were slightly concerned about was the fact that by now Hunter should be saying around 10 words. Well....he communicates very well and he is very vocal, but there are no English words that come out of his mouth. The Dr. said not to worry until he hits around 21/22 months. They said if he is not speaking by then, to consider speach therapy. I am really not worried though. WE joke that one day he is just going to start talking to us in complete sentences.
I was surprised at his weight and height. He has been %50th percentile or lower since he was born. Yesterdays apppointment was slightly different...
Weight: 24 pounds - 30th percentile
Height: 33 1/2 inches- 85 percentile
Head circum.: 70th percentile
Our little boy is a tall slender thing now :). The Dr. asked if he was a picky eater and I just laughed. This kid eats as much as me sometimes.
1 comment:
Not to worry about the verbal...my mom said that Elena didn't start speaking until she was 2...and now, well, she doesn't have any trouble talking...heehee.
Post a Comment