Tuesday, September 6, 2011

What Summer?

Tonight I am actually sitting here in a long-sleeved shirt and pajama pants. The weather decided to drop and it stayed in the low 70's today. It reminds me of fall and it has made me think...where did the summer go?




Hunter and I had a pretty busy summer. My brother and his family stayed for 3 weeks, then a week later my parents came. My mom stayed a week and my dad stayed until the 3 of us drove to Michigan. We stayed in Michigan for a little over 2 weeks.



Hunter with "Bush" Grandparents


Hunter watching "Veggie Tales" while mom was cleaning Grandpa Bush's house



Hunter's new best friend- Heba



Right before we (my dad, Hunter, and I ) drove to Michigan we had a local mission with our Church. It was a very successful day.



This is the house we worked on.

David cleaning out the shed

Hunter relaxing as we listen to the morning instructions




Hunter "taking a break"



Michigan was quite interesting. My grandfather on my dad's side has just recently moved to a retirement home. When he moved he did nothing with his house. He moved back in January. My dad, Hunter, and I spent (well my dad is still there) a couple weeks just trying to clean out the house. I am not sure how to explain all the "stuff" that people have and in the end- it doesn't really matter- it is just stuff. He has lived in that house for over 25 years and even as we cleaned out rooms it just didn't seem like we even made a dent. It was a very humbling trip.


We have been back a couple days now. Our family is quite and complete once again. I dont' think we have any visitors or plans until Thanksgiving. We are going to relax and enjoy the fall.

This is what happens when you try to pull a dirty bib over his clean head (the bib smeared everything on him).


No comments: