Sunday, January 22, 2012

Crafty Feeling


I have been feeling a little crafty lately and though I don't think they are awesome- I did enjoy doing it.

1. Hunter turned 2 last week. I can't believe it. He is 90th percentile in height and 50th in weight. He is a very good eater (sometimes eats as much as we do in one day). He has really good days and he has really bad days, but he loves Veggie Tales and he loves to dance/march. He also loves to be chased around the house. Cars and Dogs are his favorite things to talk about. He LOVES yogurt and fruit (probably why he is so skinny). We didn't really have a party for him this year, but we did have a couple people over so that I had an excuse to make a cake. It turned out ok, but I will have to get better and more creative. :)

2. As I was going through old photos, I thought it would be fun to create a wall of baby pictures of David, me, Hunter and the next child. That way we could see any resemblence. Lots of people say Hunter looks like David, but I found one picture that shows he is obviously my child. I think it was taken about the same age of the picture I have of him. We look alike. Anyway, I got some wood- painted it and then put pictures on them. It was a fun project and I will be adding to it later.

3. My last project was Hunter's new room. We decided to leave his room the same for the new baby and then move him into the slightly bigger room and make a cool room for him. It isn't entirely finished, but we probably won't do much more until he gets a real bed. Right now, he loves sleep on the floor and it is nice to not have to worry about him rolling off. I thought it would be cool to have a scripture in his room and as he gets older, we can talk about the scripture (that is the writing on the 3 panels- 1 Timothy 4:12). I decided to do the alphabet partly to help him (he can't say the letters, but if you ask him where a certain letter is, he can point most of them out to you). I had a friend that made his name for his baby room and I didn't want to get rid of them, but they wouldn't really fit the theme of his new room so I just made the alphabet with all kinds of themes and it fit quite nicely in his room.



Not much else is going on. We have had some major changes in our church and our preacher will be leaving after February. It has made David and I rethink about our church and whether we should look into going to another Church or not. We have decided to stay with our church for now, but there are a lot of changes and so it will make it an interesting year. We are also just waiting for baby number two to come. We do have a name picked out for her, but we haven't really made any name announcement- we may wait until she is born. I am almost in my 3rd trimester. I already feel and look as big as I did right before Hunter was born, so this one isn't as much fun, but they say your second you pop out a lot quicker. We look forward to seeing our new bundle of joy.

No comments: