Danica is 5 weeks old. Time flies when you have another child in the house. I remember getting bored when Hunter was a newborn. Now I hardly have time to really do anything. My morning kind of starts at 3 or 4:00am. Danica gets really restless and her reflux seems pretty bad around that time. By the time she settles down enough for me to fall asleep, I start to hear Hunter in his room awake. From that time on it is nursing, changing diapers, feeding toddler and keeping toddler occupied. Then it starts all over again.
Updates:
Danica-
Like I said she is 5 weeks old. Last time we went to the doctor she was 9 pounds 6oz. I don't think Hunter reached 9 pounds until he was 3 months old. She nurses really well. We are having a little more trouble with sleeping than I had hoped. By this point I was already working on moving Hunter to his own room. Danica scares me because her reflux is bad enough I worry about her choking. Many times when she spits up it comes through her nose and mouth, so it is a little scary. I will probably keep an eye on her a little while longer and determine where she should sleep. She is a terrible grunter and really prefers just to be held all the time. She is on Zantac right now (for reflux) and I hope that it helps her.
Hunter-
Well this little boy has hit the ground running. His vocabulary is picking up like crazy and he never stops. He did not like Danica at first, but now he wants to know where she is at all times. He still gets jealous from time to time, but it is only if I had been playing with him and then I leave to go feed Danica. He loves trains, and most animals. He loves going into Pet Smart and looking at the Cats and Mice. He loves outdoors! I hope that he continues to love it.
Family outings:
We have actually stayed pretty busy since Dani was born. The weather is beautiful and we have taken advantage of that (we also have an active 2 year old that needs to release his energy somewhere).
We have gone strawberry picking, gone to a park in Richmond, and one in Fairfax (Burke Lake), we also found a really cool park in Stafford with a playground for his age!!!
The one cool thing that we have had done is a fence built at our house. I believe we go out everyday so that Hunter can go crazy for a while. He loves it and I love that I can just let him play without worrying about him going out into the street.
Changes:
Our family has decided to change Churches. We don't know were we are going, but we have been contemplating changing for a over a year and after Dani was born, we had time to sit down and talk about it. We have visited 3 different churches so far. They are nice, but we are still looking. We hope that we can find one that fits our family a little better. This process has been stressful and will continue to be until we find a new Church home. Usually I am all about change, but now that I have children, it makes it a little more difficult and I have to be more assertive (asking questions, finding out where the nursing room is, looking into the children's program, etc) and it is hard. We have been praying about this and we feel that it is the right decision for us to look at other churches.
David and Michelle:
David and I have a very small world at the moment. I spend my days catering to the children and sometimes I sit back and think how did I go from being a world traveler to a stay at home mom in Northern Virginia. I feel so Americanized and it scares me from time to time. I often wonder if it is better to have children and then see the world or see the world and then have children. I love my kids, but it is hard for me to not be planning my next adventure. I know this is temporary, but it is hard.
David goes to work and then comes home and helps me. Neither one of us are doing things for ourselves at the moment. We will hopefully be getting back to that soon. David will be traveling a little over the next month, so that will be nice.
Family:
We have had the privilege to have my dad and mom and David's dad come over the last month. One of David's high school buddies (Clint Rahn) came to and it is so nice to have visitors.
Next month we are traveling to South Carolina to have a Bush family reunion, then we hope to enjoy the summer with our 2 kids and our new fence! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment