Thursday, July 12, 2012





I can't believe it is already the middle of July. We have been busy, but our summer is about to really slow down.
In June we went to Edisto Beach, SC and met up with my side of the family. It was a lot of fun- A little stressful bringing a newborn and a 2 year old, but we did it. Some things we learned from the trip.
1. Make sure the stroller you strap to the top of your car is secure and stable (we lost a wheel and couldn't use the stroller for the whole trip).
2. Be prepared for anything for your newborn (we found out she hates carseats)
3. I don't like cockroaches in my bed with me, especially big ones
4. Be prepared to stop several times when you have a newborn and a toddler.
5. There will be stress
6. If both parents get sick, you still have to take your child to the beach (since he loved it).
7. Drive separately (well not awesome, but both our kids did better when they were in a separate car- I drove my moms vehicle back, so it was Danica and I in one vehicle and David and Hunter in the other)

There was also a sad side to our trip. My grandfather died and a good friend of mine died while we were on the trip. This is the last grandparent for David and I and this was the first friend that I have lost. I wasn't close to my grandfather, but it feels strange to have no more grandparents.
My friend, Regina Zumwalt was a real sweet lady from my church. We went to Romania together and she became a good friend and just nice to be around. I really valued her opinions and her thoughts and it is going to be rough knowing she isn't around anymore.

My mom came to visit us a few days after we came back from the beach and stayed a week and a half. It was really nice to have her at the beach and then have her at home for a while. She is my best friend and it was hard to see her go. Hunter really enjoyed her this time (has had trouble adjusting in the past). He really liked playing and reading with her.

Hunter:
Well- what can I say? One moment he is acting awesome and cute and the next moment he is a crazy child. I guess that is part of being a 2 year old boy. His speech is really improving and he is beginning to say funny things. He did not do well with Danica when she was born, then over the weeks he has really grown to like her. He loves touching her toes and helping us "stretch" (straighten her legs and do exercises with her) his sister.
He loved the beach and still loves playing in the water. He is also a big fan of cars and trains. He has begun to get a little anger streak and lashing out, but I believe it is due to having to share his mom with his sister.

Danica-
She is almost 3 months old and doing well. She coos and smiles all the time. She takes small naps, but when Hunter goes down for his nap, she sleeps as well. She is now sleeping 10 to 4 or 5 at night. I can't complain. She is pretty needy compared to Hunter, but still fun to have.


No comments: