Sunday, July 29, 2012

Summer Update

I feel like my world revolves around my house and that is it. It has been quite a summer so far. We were really busy at the beginning, but now I just try to survive the day. We did have some people over for the opening Olympic ceremony (that was fun), but other than that we have not gone too many places. David has a small trip in August, but I think we are done with anything big until Christmas.


We did go to Richmond yesterday for my birthday. We wanted to take Hunter somewhere fun so we took him to the Children's museum. He had a blast.

David:
David traveled to Hungary for a couple days and will go to Washington State next month. He still really enjoys his job. He enjoys deciphering letters and speaking to various organizations. I believe he plans on being in that position for a while. He has also agreed to move his hours of work for me to try to workout in the mornings now. He used to go to work at 5:30am, but now he will leave at 6:00. This should give me about an hour to work out- now I just have to get Danica to sleep between 5 and 6 am- ha!


A couple months ago he got to go on a "guy weekend" trip. I think it was a much needed trip for him and I know he loved it. They went to movies, ate, and played games.


Michelle:
Honestly things have been very tough lately. For those of you who know me- I am not a touchy, feely kind of person and I have ADD. With that being said- having 2 kids that need constant contact and entertainment has been very difficult for me. Being a mother of 2- has been a lot harder for me than I expected. Hunter loves his sister, but gets very jealous when I need to hold Danica or feed her. It has become quite a stressful environment when he gets like that.


My postpartum depression was worse with Danica too. Lately I have been really restless and I just want to go back to being myself (selfish I know). I miss the adventure part of myself (white water rafting, hiking, traveling, exercising, etc) and it is hard to just sit around the house all day. I know having an infant and a toddler makes life a little harder and I know that it won't last, but it is still difficult. I do realize that I have to get back to my old self because I have been depressed and unluckily when you are a wife and mother- being depressed is not really good.

We are also in the process of looking for another Church and that is very hard for me.

I do realize that I have to make time for myself and take care of myself physically or I won't be able to keep up with my children. I have a plan and I hope that I am able to accomplish it.

Hunter:






Hunter turned 2 1/2 a couple weeks ago. He is a tall skinny boy. He loves trains (as you can see in the pictures). He loves his sister and will constantly say "cute baby" and "kiss baby".
He is also talking a lot now. His common phrases are "Daddy coming soon?" and "I get lo (yogurt) self". His cute phrases are "cute mommy", and "5 minutes (when he still wants to play)". He never sung much before, but now he sings all the time and he makes up songs. You will commonly hear words like "mommy, daddy, baby, cars, and sitting" in his song lyrics.


He can count to 10 now and the other day I heard him say almost 80% of the alphabet. Tunnels, tracks, and bridges are his favorite things to do when he is playing. I also made some Flubber the other day and he likes playing with that.


He is still an excellent eater, but he has gotten a little pickier these days.
For about 2 weeks he has been going to a mothers day out program and he loves it. Sadly it ends next week. I had not planned on taking him to any sort of preschool until he was 3 or 4, but because of certain circumstances, I think he would really benefit going to one. He loves socializing and playing with other kids.


Danica:







Danica is a lot more needy than Hunter was at this age. She loves to be held and has trouble falling asleep on her own (I will be fixing that remedy though). She also does not like the car seat or many of the types of bouncy seat/swings that we have. We have to time a lot of things just right. She is now over 13 pounds. Not sure how tall she is yet.


When my mom was here, we determined that she is a happy baby, but I do think her Reflux bothers her and even though she is on the medicine, she gets stomach aches. I will probably have to go without Dairy (very hard for me) and see if there is something that is irritating her. I have a feeling it will be a lot of trial and error. She also does not like pacifiers or the bottle.


She is a lot more advanced physically than Hunter was at this age. I constantly forget that she is only 3 months old. She loves to make eye contact with you and talk to you. Its funny because it already sounds like she is trying to form words.  She is very strong and already wants to stand. When she is being held she likes you to walk around so she can see things (mommy and daddy doesn't want her to grow up too fast, but will be happy when she can see things herself- ha)


The really positive thing is that she is a good sleeper when she does sleep. She takes one big nap in the afternoon the same time Hunter takes one. She goes to bed between 9 and 10 and will sleep as late as 5:00-6:30, eat, and then go back to sleep until 8. For only being 3 months old that is pretty cool!! We just wish she was a little less pickier about some things.


She is still sleeping in our room and in a rocker type of bed. Her reflux is bad enough that laying flat on her back isn't her favorite thing. Hunter was out of our room at 5 weeks old, so this is different too. I plan on trying to put her in her crib during nap times starting next month.




Family:


As a family we have been doing fine. It has been difficult for David and I to find time alone, but we do have a week long trip planned in March. We are still looking of a new church home and right now we are spending some time at one Church to see if it is a fit for our family. God has been good to us and has blessed us.

No comments: