Thursday, November 14, 2013

Fall

I never knew what fall was until I moved toVirginia. In Kenya, there is a wet and dry season. We do not have a real winter or fall. In Texas, it is winter (cold) and summer (hot). As much as traffic is annoying, people are hard to understand, and life is on a fast track; Virginia, by far, has the most amazing fall colors.

Curtis Park, Stafford Virginia

Lake Anna, Virginia
Government Island, Stafford, Virginia
 
We have been busy with day to day activities. Hunter loves his preschool class. They just had a Fall Festival a couple weeks ago.
 





 
 
Of course sister had to join in the fun...
 




Then the family had to dress up. We actually did not do Halloween, but we did dress up for a fall festival...
 
 

What we have been up to lately...

 
Making and playing playdough (Danica's first time playing with it)



 
 
Camping at Lake Anna, Virginia (Danica's first camping trip)




 




Walks at Government Island, Stafford, Virginia...















We have had lots of this too...(she can cry!)

(life is hard for an 18 month old)
 
 
 
As the days get colder, we find ourselves staying indoors more. It is a little difficult when you have two kids with lots of energy, but we still try to get out and about.
Backyard
 
If you need any help with electronics, little one knows her way around...
 
 
 
 Back in October I started an online class. I have taken online classes since high school, but I always seem to forget how much time it takes. I realize this even more now that I have young children. My time is not mine, so I can only do it when they are alseep. I have to take this class to keep my teaching license. I am not sure why I decided to take a Reading class, but literacy is my weakness, so it is a good class to take. Luckily it only lasts 6 weeks. I think David wouldn't let me take a longer class- ha!
 
We look forward to seeing Babu (grandpa) next week for lunch as he is in between flights. We also look forward to Thanksgiving with my younger brother. 
 
 
 
One thing that we really try to make a point of is to not be too busy. Lately, we have noticed this more and more. One thing that I especially have found is that everyone up here is "too busy". They either have to work beyond the norm (some have 2 jobs), spouses work too much or are out of town alot, families fill their time up with activities on a nightly basis, and many people spend their time on the road commuting. For most, this is a way of life and its tough.  David and I do not condone any of that, but we also had fathers that worked a lot growing up (they did their best to support the family) and we want to try to take a step back and enjoy life at home a little slower. We have found that we are much more relaxed and it is easier to think of others when life is slower. To all my Northern Virginia friends- SLOW DOWN! It's ok to not have something planned.


 

No comments: