Saturday, October 4, 2014

End of Summer and Fall is here

I find myself not able to blog as much since the children are both on the move all the time. I find I do not want to be sitting in front of a computer during my down time (which is limited these days).

The kids and I did lots of little things to end the summer and now the fall is in full swing.

David's dad came to visit us. It was nice to have him around. We have done a lot of little trips and we had the opportunity to spend some time with my younger brother before the moved overseas. It will be 3 or 4 years before we see them again.

David's dads visit

cousin get together 


homeade slip and slide

my younger brother and his family


looking at daddy

 Many times the kids like to play in our big bath while I am getting ready. Here is one picture of them.





 Updates:

Hunter
Hunter is now 4 1/2. He started preschool at the beginning of September and now goes 3 days a week. I can't believe next year he will be in Kindergarten. We have been teaching him some sight words lately and hope that he will start learning to enjoy reading before he starts Kindergarten. He spends most of his play time pretending to be Batman. He loves super heroes.
Danica
This little girl hit the 2s running and doesn't look back. She is so full of personality. She is picking up phrases right and left and is always on the go. She goes with me once a week to volunteer at a local community place. This picture is of her "helping" me organize. She loves to sing and always reminds me to pray with her at night. She loves DOGS!!! We cannot do anything if she sees a dog around. She is a daredevil and you really have to keep on eye on her. She loves to help me clean, cook, put clothes up and do whatever I am doing. 


Just today we went to Braehead farms to do some fall fun and pick Pumpkins. Here are a few pictures...









Michelle and David:

David has actually be on quite a few trips lately, but things are slowing down. He turns 40 next week! I have been trying to get out and about more now that the kids are getting a little older. I found a new hobby, but unluckily it I found it at the end of the summer. Stand Up paddle boarding! It is so peaceful and fun! I am definitely going to be doing a lot of it next summer. Danica and I have been volunteering once a week at a place called Stafford Junction. Starting next week I will be teaching computer classes to some adults. I am looking forward to getting back to planning and doing things for the community. It has been good for us to get out.


No comments: