Wow I didn't realize that it had been this long since I wrote last.
Let's recap-
November- We didn't really do much. We stayed around the house for Thanksgiving and just went to some friend's house the day of. Honestly we have been having a hard time adjusting to life with 2 kids. Hunter was an awesome baby, but has proven to be a bit of a difficult toddler. Danica, we discovered was colicky and Dairy sensitive. Up until last week (2 weeks before 9 months old) she was still waking up every 2 hours to eat. Because of all of this, we really haven't done much.
December- We got to visit and see my brother, sister-in-law and nephew for a couple days before we went to Colorado. Our trip to Colorado was far from relaxing, but we still enjoyed it.
Colorado:
Let me start by saying I was very excited about this trip, but I still feel like I am trying to catch up. The kids and I flew there by ourselves. We almost missed our flight because I had Danica in the carrier and instead of taking it off, I opted for the "hand" test (where they test your hands for bomb residue) and I failed, so they had to take me and the kids to a little room and search everything. I am glad they were doing their job, but it still made me a little nervous. Once we got on the plane, everything went well.
When we got to Colorado, Hunter was sick, Danica ended up getting Croup and when David came to join us, he was sick too- I had many sleepless nights, plus our environment was not relaxing becuase we were still in a house that was considered a construction zone (my parents are building a new house and it wasn't quite done yet).
We did have a lot of fun sledding and playing in the snow. I loved being out in the quiteness and getting a little time of silence. Hunter went outside everyday. He really enjoyed it up until the 8th day, then I think he was just too tired.
We ended up staying 10 days. Our trip back was even more eventful. When we got to Atlanta and got on our plane to go home, a person on the plane decided to scare everyone and the plane ended up going back to the gate, everyone got off and we didn't get back on our plane until 2 hours later. long story short- it was a bomb scare and they did the whole security check before we got back on. It would not have been that bad except that it was 2:00am before we got home and with 2 little kids- it wasn't exactly easy.
We are now ready to slow down again.
Hunter just turned 3 a couple days ago- I can't believe it has been 3 years since I had him. He has really started talking a lot and he loves his preschool that he goes to 2 days a week. He is still into cars and trains.
Danica will be 9 months this weekend. She has been "scooting" everywhere. She keeps getting up on all 4s, but finds scooting is easier. She also has 2 teeth in right now.
It is interesting to see how opposite the two kids already are. Hunter didn't even start crawling until 10 months, he had no teeth until after 11 months and he didn't play like Danica plays. It is cool to see how different they are.




No comments:
Post a Comment