I didn't realize that it had been since Thanksgiving that I had written. Here goes...
Christmas:
We had our official "Simpson Family" Christmas this year. Every year we have traveled or done other things and we had not really done the "traditional" (with presents and xmas dinner, etc) Christmas since we have had kids. We were a little excited this year to have just our family of 4. We spent it making new traditions and enjoying the down time.
 |
| playing with stocking stuff |
 |
| new playdough toys |
 |
| learning how to work his leapster |
 |
| she had more fun with the stocking stuffers than the actual presents |
 |
| slappy hand and ring pop- this boy is happy |
 |
| dressed up for the day |
Hunter's birthday:
Hunter turned 4 in January. He is a nonstop talker with tons of energy who loves to play. He is in the 75th percentile for height and 50th for weight. He is also slowly getting rid of nap times, which is hard for me because he is so full of energy. I have had many 8:00pm bedtimes for me-ha! He is currently loving preschool (goes 2x a week) and he has recently started swimming lessons. This is nice because we haven't had that many opportunities to expel energy because of the weather. This year we had his birthday at KD Kidz world. It was a lot of fun and just the right amount of kids.
 |
| being his goofy self |
Fun times:
Its been quite cold this winter so it has been hard to not get stir crazy. Here are a couple things we have done to keep busy...
Children's Museum Portsmouth:
This was a cute little area and it wasn't busy at all. As always children's museum are not cheap, but this one was fun.
 |
| giant chair |
 |
| he loves train tables |
 |
| having fun making impressions |
 |
| doesn't always like me to take his picture |
 |
cutie
Both of the children love water and baths so every once in a while when we need to kill some time and I don't mind a mess, I make them bath paints. Basically it is baby soap, cornstarch, and food colors
We have spent many days coloring or playing with stickers. One day I even made Hunter a little table hammock so he could be by himself. It was a good 10-15 minutes of entertainment.
|
We have had a lot of cold weather, but only 2 really good snows. Here are a couple pictures from those 2 days:
First snow:
 |
| Ironman and Wolverine joined us |
 |
| liking the snow |
 |
| spaceship coming in for a landing to pick up wolverine and ironman |
 |
watching the snow fall
|
2nd snow: This one was a lot more fun. We made a snow man, played snowball fights, built slides, and made snow icecream. David was a good man and went to help a neighbor shovel their driveway, so I said I would do our driveway. We are both a little sore today.
 |
| being young is tough |
 |
| our shoveled driveway |
 |
| David helping a neighbor |
 |
| mommy its too deep |
 |
| might as well smile since I can't move |
 |
| make shift ski poles climbing the "mountain" (or the pile mom shoveled) |
 |
| eating snow |
 |
| eating snow |
 |
| at least we have a fence to stop our kids from rolling down our steep hill |
 |
| I've fallen and I can't get up |
 |
| sliding |
 |
| climbing the "mountain" |
 |
| running |
 |
| still trying to drive in the snow |
 |
| cutie |
 |
dad helping her walk since it is too deep for her
I realize after I put all the pictures up that there were not any of me or many of David. I often forget to take pictures of him and me since I am always behind the camera. I will try to do better for the next post.
We are getting tired of the cold. Both David and I are warm people and really don't like the cold. Also being a stay at home mom makes it difficult to be creative when it is hard to go outside. The other day I was about to take them for a walk when I realized it was 30 degrees.
Back in January we had to take a last minute trip to Texas. We decided on a Saturday to leave and left the next morning. It took us over 30 hours (we still have a carseat screamer, so it makes for a very long trip). David's dad was in the hospital with Pneumonia. David stayed in Lubbock and the kids and I drove down to San Antonio to see my parents for a few days. It is a very long drive and not easy with a 1 1/2 year old who hates the car longer than an hour and a energetic 4 year old (although he was pretty good).
This summer I plan on driving to Colorado with the kids, so I hope the screaming stops by then. |
No comments:
Post a Comment